Pages

Sunday 13 February 2011

The Army marches on!

Can't seem to stop tying flies at the moment....



I'm really enjoying it though, and most evenings are spent in front of the vice at the moment. I actually find it very relaxing, and a great way to unwind after a hectic day.






Did get some fishing in yesterday, took advantage of the break in the weather to pursue some Roach. Things were very slow to start with, and my Pole float remained motionless for the first couple of hours, until the swim fell into shade, whereupon it was as if someone had flicked a switch and the bites were non stop for the next few hours. Sadly the fish were not of a great stamp, certainly not what I'm looking for in my quest for a two pounder! I didn't even get any over half a pound which was a bit dissapointing.
Still a bit of time left yet, but my heart and lungs are yearning for the Salt air, the swish of a fly rod, and the pull of a Bass...

No comments:

Post a Comment